- 350g of vegan puff pastry - store bought or homemade
- 80g vegan pesto - again, store bought or homemade
- 80g of vegan cheese alternative (or more if you like it cheesy!)
- Any optional extras
Here's some extra ideas:
- Vegan sliced ham
- Diced peppers
- Grated carrot
- Tomato slices
- Courgette ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry into one thin rectangle sheet.
- Spread pesto across the sheet, then sprinkle with grated vegan cheese.
- Add any optional toppings - we recommend no more than two to keep the pinwheel together.
- Roll the pastry up, starting on a short edge.
- Cut the roll into roughly 1.5cm slices, and lay each disc flat on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn.
These go down a treat with all ages for any occasion, and non-vegans won't be able to tell the difference either! We recommend doubling or even tripling the recipe for parties and group picnics - they don't last long!